Monday 11 April 2016

Captain America: Civil War and Suicide Squad new trailers - Trailer(s) Review


I woke up this morning to find one trailer and one clip, and I had to talk about them.

The new Suicide Squad trailer is pretty much the same as the previous one, with a different score. Personally, I prefer Bohemian Rhapsody, but whatever. There's new footage involving Amanda Waller at the start, and a surprisingly large amount of Batman. I don't have a problem with that, because I knew he was going to be in the movie (unlike Doomsday). So I applaud the marketing team for not spoiling the whole movie.

The Captain America: Civil War clip really caught my eye. For one thing, it's not a series of six clips (I realise I'm pointing my finger at DC again. I loved Batman v Superman, I just think the marketing was really dodgy), and for another, it consists of a lot that we've already seen in the two trailers. But there's one thing that I'm very sure many people have not observed.

Chris Evans enters flying in randomly at the start, and then it shows Anthony Mackie, after which Elizabeth Olsen flies in. Now this is what I appreciate. It then showed Wanda elevate Steve into a building. Right there, Captain America's crazy entrance is explained, and not once (like, <cough> the Star Wars prequels) was it directly told to the audience how it happened. That's a great thing. It's a really great thing. It's small. But I value it because it's creative screenwriting and it's not just lazily told to the audience.

Captain America: Civil War is weeks away, and if it's anything like the visuals, action or even dialogue of this one clip, it should be astounding.

The Captain America: Civil War clip isn't on YouTube, but I've attached the Suicide Squad one.


No comments:

Post a Comment